Monday 28 March 2011

New Exhibition for James Willis

The popular painter and teacher James Willis is having an exhibition of his work next month at the Nehru Centre in London. It consists of works painted by James on a recent trip to India.

JAMES WILLIS   People, Places, Perspectives - an exhibition of new paintings of India
Nehru Centre
8 South Audley Street London W1K 1HF
Exhibition open:
5th to 8th April 2011 during office hours.


James writes:

This exhibition was inspired by a trip to India a few years ago.  Bringing together my passion for painting, architecture, people and colour the exhibition of twenty seven new paintings will be seen together at the Nehru Centre for the first time and this is also my first solo show in London.

It is a great honour to be asked to show at the Nehru Centre and present new work inspired by the atmosphere and excitement of India.  As soon as I started sketching there I felt strangely at home and hope I have captured something of the connection I felt in and around the cities of Rajasthan. ‘

My paintings often involve everyday activities and scenes within an architectural setting.  In this collection of work I have  contrasted the spiritual and tranquil nature of watery landscapes with the busy life on the city street.   I work in a broad, impressionistic style to bring a liveliness and drama to my paintings which are full of colour and expression."


Full details and an on line catalogue on James' web site: http://www.jameswillisart.co.uk/

You can watch James in his DVD Starting Out In Oils


No comments:

Post a Comment