Friday 31 December 2010

Another Award for Adebanji Alade

Adebanji finished his year in style by picking up the Painting Plein Air Plus Award 2010 as part of the Making a Mark Awards. Having filmed with him a few months ago I can confirm this man's energy and dedication to plein air painting!


Here's what he writes on his own blog:


I'm so happy to end the year with an Award that I really cherish. Earlier this year I won the Chelsea Riverside Competition, organised by Heatherley's School of Fine Art, Chelsea and The Cheyne walk Trust- The whole exhibition was put in place to raise funds for the Schools Bursary Award Scheme. I also won the prize for the Best London Scene at the Chelsea Art Society's 100th Annual exhibition- This Award is donated annually and it's called The Agnes Reeve Memorial for a painting of London. To end the year I got an Award called The Painting Plein Air Plus Award- by MAKING A MARK-This award is for excellence in plein air painting plus a strong commitment to sharing information. I was nominated for this award by Sheona Hamilton Grant, who said, "I would like to recommend Adebanji Alade for the Painting Plein Air Plus Award. His talent, enthusiasm and sustained sharing are brilliant. For these reasons, I really do believe he merits winning this award with flying colours."- You can read the full article on the award by clicking HERE

Read more details on Adebanji's excellent blog

1 comment: